Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday September 18, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Emboss Metal, Create a Steampunk Trunk Gift Box With Shellie


Thursday September 18, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Emboss Metal

Create a Steampunk Trunk Gift Box With Shellie
If you have teenagers in the house, then chances are you are familiar with the term Steampunk. In short, Steampunk is a literary genre and can be described as being inspired by 19th century industrial civilization, with elements of fantasy, and futuristic inventions. Think of Jules Verne. I was inspired to make this Steampunk Trunk gift box after I read a steam punk novel.

I created this Steampunk gift box using these Cricut cartridges: Box it Up, Robot Party, Ornamental Iron 2 and Sentimentals. I also used a free svg file, and an embossing folder.




Materials
Cricut Explore cutting system
Aluminum- I used pop cans
2 sheets of DCWV  black cardstock
1 sheet of  Hot off the Press crocodile specialty cardstock
Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder
Glue of your choice


I started by cutting out a box from the Cricut cartridge "Box It Up" out of the black cardstock. There are many to choose from. I cut the box as large as I could, I wanted it big.  I cut the top out of the black crocodile cardstock.




I cut out everything except the box from aluminum pop cans. I used a free dragon svg file from openclipart.org.  I cut and embossed him using the Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. I imported the lock image from the Cricut cartridge Sentimentals. After I cut the lock, I embossed it using the score tool on the Explore.  I used a permanent marker to color the  lock gold. Note: Make sure your mat is super sticky and clean and the aluminum is secure or the aluminum will catch and tear on the blade as it cuts. 



Next, I cut out my gears using the Cricut Cartridge "Robot Party"



I welded the number 7 inside this gear and then embossed it with the same embossing folder as the dragon.



I then created the straps for the trunk by welding 3 images together.  In Cricut Design Space I inserted these images: a square, and from the Cricut "Ornamental Iron 2" cartridge the Fleur de Lys Ornament image, and the Iron Swirl Ornament. I then placed them on the square which I re-sized and then I welded them together.




And finally I laid everything out and glued it on the box! 



It's ready to fill with a surprise and give to someone special!
 Go On, Craft On!
Shellie

Please become a fan of my Facebook page so you can see every project that I create.  It's a great place to come and meet other crafty people.


No comments: