Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday October 17, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Guy theme


Friday October 17, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Guy theme




Have you ever watched the show Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet?  Cheesy I know!  It's all in good fun, and good for a laugh don't you think? It also gave me the inspiration for my latest project theme, "Guys"!

 Here it is!  A Bigfoot birthday spinner birthday card for that special BIG guy!  On the front of the card, Bigfoot will spin his way from one hiding place to another.  He really does spin wildly! On the inside it will say, Happy Birthday. I used my Cricut Explore machine and Cricut Design Space for everything in this project.

Materials needed:
Cardstock of your choice
Cricut cutting machine
A penny
Foam Dots
Glue


I used the new print then cut feature on my Cricut Explore to cut out the big guy and the trees.
 I  started by inserting the bigfoot image from the Camping Critters cartridge, and the tree images from the Everyday Pop Up Cards, and Wildcard cartridges, into Design Space.  Using the new flatten feature, I then flattened images, enabling them to print out on my printer, and sized each piece.  I printed them out on white cardstock, and then placed the cardstock with the printed images on the cutting mat, loaded them into the Explore, where they were cut out. See below. Isn't this a new fantastic feature?  They turned out so well!



Next, I sized a greeting card image from the Just Because cartridge. But you can use any card image that you have. I used a card image that had a score line already in place. I then added 2 square images, a square for the background of the spinner face, in red, and a square for the foreground of the spinner face, which is brown.  I sized the red square a little smaller than the front of the folded greeting card, seen in green below, and the brown square a little smaller than the red square. I used the slice feature to cut a horizontal window in both squares for the spinner piece to sit in.  I then folded the large card in half(the green cardstock) and then glued each square with the window to each other. The brown square sits on top of the red. Line up the little windows exactly so the spinner will spin freely. I then folded the green cardstock in half, on the scored line.

To create the slider, I used a penny, and placed the foam dot on one side of the penny.  I then placed my Bigfoot on top of the foam dot.  The foam dots are sticky on both sides. 

I also placed foam dots on the back of the square cardstock with the slider window (the brown and the red squares have been glued to each other, you can't see the brown square) so that the slider can move freely form one end to the other.  You can see in this picture that the slider is already in the  slider window.   

Next, I turned the square cardstock with the slider over, and placed it on the front of the greeting card.  Press gently so that the foam dots adhere to the front of the greeting card.  Place foam dots on the trees, making sure that the slider figure can slide easily past the foam dots, and not get caught up on them. 

Add a sentiment to the front of the card.  I used the write feature on the Explore to do this. The font I used was Simple Celerations.  I used a black pen. The front the card is now finished and your little image should be able to slide and spin from side to side.

Open the card so you can see the inside. The inside of the card says "Happy Birthday" but you can use any type of sentiment that you want.  I used the print then cut feature to cut out another Bigfoot, and used the grass image from the Wildcard cartride to make it look like Bigfoot was running though the swamp.


That's it.  You have a nifty spinner card.  Click on the link below to see it in action.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204130071364930&l=7208674726061607904


If you are having difficulties making a spinner card, there are many tutorials on youtube that are very helpful.  Just search "spinner card."

And as always, head on over to my Facebook page and become a fan.  I am always doing something fun there!  Go On!  Craft On!


No comments: