Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June's Project!

So for the month of June, I would like all of us and ALL of our crafty friends to make 5,000 cards for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Last month we works on cards for Operation Write Home for our soldiers to write in and send home to their friends and family. I had a goal of 1,000 and received over 2,150 cards! So this month I need all of the help I can" get.
   They would like cards that do not remind the children of their illness, but to tell them to "Hope they feel better soon" Also these cards need to contain ALL of the sunshine you can pack into them. I am going to call this my SUNSHINE CARD campaign. I have a goal of getting John Rich, in the Country Music world, to just acknowledge what we are doing here. Hey a girl can have dreams right! I know these kids so. My husband and I support the Smile Train and Make a wish foundation.
   I have decided to make St. Jude's our project this month because 2 weeks ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer. It really brought it back into the forefront of my life. Also I have been watching Celebrity Apprentice this season and John Rich made a great campaign for St. Jude's. So I would love your help with this project. These cards can be 10 of the same card, or different.
    My daughter and I will personally be delivering these cards to the kids at the hospital.I cannot wait to deliver a car full of sunshine! I hope you can use the next 4 weeks to make as many as you can and to get the word out there about this project. Please do everything that you can to help make 5,000 cards.
   I have a high goal, but you cant go very far with your feet on the ground! So help me reach for the stars to help bring a smile to the faces of SO many children! I am beyond excited about this project. You are welcome to sign the card, even put your address in it if you would like the children to be able to write to you. Please get these in the mail to me By JULY 1, 2011 if you live in the US, if you do not try to mail them by June 20, 2011. That is ALOT of time. Please don't wait until the last minute, work on some each week and think about all of the smiles that each of your cards will make! If you can only make one.... that is GREAT, everyone adds up! Thank you!

Mailing address
Erica's Craft Room
4364 Laburnum Drive
Akron, Ohio 44319
ericacraftroom@aol.com
if you have any questions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that your mother was diagnosed with cancer. Your support for St. Jude's is a wonderful way to honor her and all the many other warriors battling cancer. She and your family will be in our prayers.
elaine@gilstraps.org