Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Friday, July 29, 2011

My entry for the Christmas in July blog hop!

To get to this post, you should have come from
Pink Polka Dot Scraping
If NOT please start over at


Here is what I have made for today's blog hop....
and a sneak peek at what I am making for next Friday's Festive Friday.

I used Christmas Cards Cricut Cartridge to make this!


I did my first cuts with just plain copy paper.... I used a brand new mat so I could see where the copy paper was cut. I removed the copy paper and then put my colored paper in the places that I wanted each color. For me it was easier to do it this way, as apposed to loading my mat for each color i wanted to use, so I unloaded my mat put the colors where I wanted them, then "load mat" and touch "repeat last" then CUT. It came out perfect.
You can see that I used an Imagine mat, these mats work in all machines that take a 12x12 size cutting mat.
A side note on the cutting mat.... Provo Craft has redesigned the adhesive on the cutting mats and we will see those cutting mats SOON! The new Cricut Mini uses the new cutting mat and new adhesive. If enough people ask for something Provo Craft is pretty good about making it happen, within reasonable limits :)


Here is the envelope that I cut to match this, I used double sided paper for everything!
I cut ALL of my images at the 4" size. Do realize 4" size on this Christmas Cards cartridge, the machine assumes you are making a 4" card, so everything you cut will be proportional to the 4" card.

Here you can see the score lines that are automatically cut so you know where to fold! How great is that?!?!

Here was my first fold for the bottom of the envelope.

Here is where I folded on the scored lines.

I put the side piece (shown on the bottom here)
down first so the card wouldn't get caught on in as it went in and out of the envelope.

Here you can see it tacked down, Do not tack these pieces down to the other parts,
or you wont be bale to slide that card in and out.

Here it is put together. Make sure to 'glue' your items on the inside to the front side of the envelope, or you wont be able to fit your card in it :)


I cut the little tab that was showing in the last picture

Here is my card base I checked it BEFORE I decorated it, to make sure it does fit.

I used a piece from another cut to dress up the outside of the envelope

Tis the Season to be jolly was cut from the paper by hand.
Here is my finished project.

I cut this circle and Merry Christmas words at 4" again, remember it is proportional to a 4" card.


I added a little Santa from the paper to the other side of the envelope.
This was all Echo Park paper.

Here is a sneak peek at next weeks Festive Friday creation. This would be a beginner or intermediate level. I cut and embossed metal and stamped on acrylic. You wont want to miss it!

Here is a sample of a metal piece that I embossed with the cuttlebug.
Thanks for hopping!
Tomorrow is Scrapbook Saturday!

There is one more stop on today's blog hop

20 comments:

Laurie said...

Love it! Can't wait to see your next project!

Crafty and Green said...

Cool project Lady!! :)

Judy said...

Wow -- the card and envelope are great!

Audrey Godere -Dickinson said...

Loving it.. what a great project... :-) Happy Crafting...

mommahobbit said...

Great project! I love it!

Connie Gail said...

This is a very NICE card/enveloped and I enjoyed the step by step instructions. It helps me get a better picture of how the card is cut out on the mat as well as how it is put together. Thanks for taking the time to do this! Also am looking forward to (and curious) about your project for next week!

Connie Layman said...

Love your card and envelope! Thanks for showing us how it comes together. The embossed metal really has my attention...can't wait to see!

scrapbookingforfun said...

Great projects all the way through the hop! Thanks to all for sharing :)

truckmaniii said...

I'm going to have to try this one.

Jill Angel said...

Great projects! Great Hop. Loved everything I saw :)
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

Wood, paper, glue and nails said...

I can't wait to see the upcoming project!
I love working with all different kinds of mediums!

LeAnn
ll.hammond@hotmail.com

Yvette said...

Awesome step by step instructions! I love this idea! TFS! Thanks for hosting this fun blog hop!

Wood, paper, glue and nails said...

The link for the next post does not work?/

LeAnn

Dana's Crafty Corner said...

great project. Can't wait to see next weeks.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

Angie said...

What a cute card and envelope set!! I enjoyed the hop - I got to see Kat's post earlier this week. Your blog hops are very inspiring - Hope to see the next one soon!

Lyd's Creations said...

Wow! what a collection of ideas and craftiness. I'll be looking forward to the next hop.

tremblayfam said...

Just sat down and made it thru the Christmas blog! So great. The ladies have given me some great ideas. Thank you Erica for providing us with such great ideas, and helping us all learned more about using the Cricut!

Tambo said...

OMG I need this cart! These are so cute! My BFF was going to buy some little note cards with envelopes yesterday, but she put them back. I could give her some and then let her come and make more! I love this and your work! tfs Tami
Tambo's Creations

Anita Braddock said...

Very cool idea love the papers you did a great job keep up the great work. thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Dollar Store Items said...

Very nice envelope ideas:-) Instead of purchasing printed envelopes, it's giving your envelopes a personal touch that will make your greetings the best ever.