Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday November 23, 2011


Don't forget next Thursday begins our 25 projects A DAY!!! I am so excited. My Design Team, friends, family and local ladies are so amazing and are helping me get everything ready for the store's GRAND OPENING tomorrow and HUGE Black Friday sale that starts on THURSDAY! I figured everyone is starting Thursday.... why not join them! For me, I am Thankful to have Christmas right around the corner. So for me tomorrow is Merry Almost Christmas!
Also another exciting thing that is around the corner..... We will be exploring ONE cartridge each day of the week. What this means is on a Card Creating Tuesday... part of the design team will be making cards and the other part (myself included) will be showing you some great projects with a certain cartridge that day. This begins this Friday with Paper Lace 1 or 2, Saturday is Damask Decor and Sunday is Create a Critter, Monday is Sophisticated, Tuesday is Boys will Be Boys, Wednesday will be Digital Cartridges. Then Thursday December 1 We will be making Christmas projects for the kick off of the 25 projects a day in December! I am so excited for this!!!  

Now onto today's Would You Ever Guess Wednesday projects.... Do you ever wonder why we call it Would you ever guess Wednesday? On these days we try to use a cake cartridge to make a paper craft or food from a regular cartridge, we might also use just the feature keys on the cartridge.

I have to share with you one more thing. This is just a fun thing we are doing within the Design Team. I bought a stack of paper and it was called Snacks by DCWV. I though the idea of food would be cute and practical. But the images are so large. Imagine a lime that is 12" big.... not really what I thought it was going to be. Last weekend we did a design team Ustream. Melissa was here to help me and we kept laughing about these papers. So we decided to send these out to do challenges amongst us. Then we decided to call it the box of doom. Then I had a great idea, when the design team signs up for a day and for whatever reason (sick, kids, family..etc) if they don't post, they get a paper from the BOX of DOOM. I even let them pick their own papers from the box.... One has threatened me to make something with the papers then send the project to me! So in a lighthearted mood, which is how the BOX of DOOM is intended..... I did not see one of the ladies emails last week.... so she asked me if I get a paper from the BOX of DOOM.... I think it is only fair for me to get one paper from the BOX of DOOM also.... so Jenny R>>>>>> I too will make a project from the BOX of DOOM! Thanks for taking it as it is a fun way to laugh about our mistakes :) So fair is fair ..... I am part of the team too....... Don't worry you won't be able to miss it when we create from the BOX of DOOM!!!!!


Tammy S used the Lyrical Letters cartridge.
Please visit her blog at http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com/ to find out more on how she created this card.




Laura used "A Child's Year" to create this card...
For more details, visit her blog at http://www.laurascraftsandmore.com/




Jen L used end cap feature from Mickey Font cartridge and Mickey and Friends Cartridge



Don't forget to bookmark the shop for tomorrow.
You will not want to miss the specials and new products!!!!

23 comments:

gshrader said...

Wow what great projects today! Love these cards and the Mickey layout is amazing! Can't wait to check out their blogs to see how they were made!
And can't wait for the box of doom items!

Liz said...

Ok the devil inside me wants someone to miss a post so we get to see this "box of doom"! LOL

http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ohh my gosh to funn!!!love that idea of a doom box- secretly cant wait for some one not to post so I can see how creative they can get-lol!!
kacee

Debbie said...

great projects, lovely cards and Mickey LO is adorable. knowing the DT even from the box of "doom " will be great
upnurse at aol dot com

Maria Garzon said...

Nice projects....good stuff ladies. Can't wait to do some projects over the holiday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Creative Diva said...

Amazing cards everyone has made.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
creativediva98 at gmail dot com

KAT said...

amazing projects today. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

mamawcindy said...

Love the Cards and the layout. Can't wait to see some things made from the Box of Doom. So Fun! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

Marianne said...

Nice projects! I can't wait til the projects in December!

Cathy said...

Nice job on the cards, Happy thanksgiving:)))

grammiej said...

Box of Doom,,,that is a classic! I have a nice start on my own box of doom. Clever idea.

Janeen said...

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with formt he box of doom! lol

Val626 said...

Love the Java card. It is so cute

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what gall make out of the box of doom! Love the Micky dinner lo!

Jen R said...

Great job ladies...so much great inspiration. I love Wednesday's!

Shar said...

Love all the Creations Made!!! Thank you for Sharing!!!

Kards by Kathi said...

Great projects and such a cool idea that you are doing. I love your blog and have been a follower for awhile and also your facebook. Thanks.

callyannc said...

Super cute projects! I really love the Disney Layout! Fun! Happy Thanksgiving! TFS CallyAnn(follow)

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love all the cute projects! Box of Doom--can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Renee V said...

Ha Ha! Love the Box of Doom story! Cute cards too!

Anonymous said...

I loved your Box of Doom idea! (I have some unfinished layouts that should go in there! The cards were so cute, and I now have to resurrect the Celebrate with a Flourish cart, since that frame is awesome!

gypsyrps said...

The Box of Doom sounds like fun. Sometimes my craft room looks like it entered the box of doom.
Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

KathR said...

Don't know about the Box of Doom, but sometimes my craft room looks like the CAVE of Doom..lol..., your blog makes me want to use my expression more..
Happy Thanksgiving from Bonnie Scotland...