Craftsy Unlimited FREE 7 day trial at Craftsy.com
Happy Cloud Quilt Batting by Fat Quarter Shop
Cricut is Easy as 123
Loralie Designs

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday September 25, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Feisty theme


Thursday September 25, 2014 with My Cricut Craft Room and Design Team- Feisty theme



Create a Pull Tab Card with Shellie
Shellie loves mechanical cards!  Anything that pulls, pops, or moves is something special. 
 She decided to make a pull tab Save the Date Kissing Couple card for her project today.





Materials needed
White, Black and Purple Cardstock
Green Suede Cardstock
Washi Tape
Vellum Sentiment
Black Felt Pen



I started out by cutting out the svg file "Couple in Heart" downloaded from openclipart.org. 
I detached the heart from the figures, and cut out just the figures.



I picked a square greeting card image from my images, loaded it into Design Space and added windows for the pull tabs


. I used the felt pen to write in the sentiment and date on a separate insert card and on the pull tabs.( I decided against the heart flourish that you see at the top of the purple card.)




I then flipped the card over and slipped the pull tabs in the card and placed the stoppers in the correct position.  



To see a video tutorial of how I did this go here:
http://www.howcast.com/videos/499152-How-to-Attach-a-Pull-Tab-PopUp-Cards




I  assembled the card by attaching the white insert behind the front of the card, and then folding the card in half and gluing it together. I embellished the guy and the gal,  and used glitter washi tape at the top to give the card some bling.  I attached a vellum sentiment between the two figures.



Pull the tabs and you have a kissing couple!
Go on, Craft on!
Please join my Facebook page to see all of my projects and to meet other crafty people.



No comments: